(http://www.plant-trees.org/) This 8 minute video (which I found and fell in love with) documents the work of Dave Deppner and Trees for the Future. Communities around the world turn to Trees for the Future for technical knowledge and planting materials so that they can bring degraded lands and struggling farmlands back to sustainable productivity. Since 1988, Trees for the Future (TFTF) has helped thousands of communities in Central America, Africa, and Asia improve their livelihoods and their environment by planting nearly 50 million trees in agroforestry and reforestation projects. Each year these trees remove over one million tons of CO2 from the atmosphere.
From Origins What 1 tree means to you: Trees are on the job 24 hours every day working for all of us to improve our environment and quality of life...
1) 1 tree annually produces nearly 260 pounds of oxygen to help us breathe better.
2) Trees help offset greenhouse gases from our cars and homes.
3) Trees can increase property value by up to 20%.
4) Trees keep our water clean and safe.
5) In a year, forty trees will remove 80 pounds of air pollutants to reduce smog and air pollution. 6) Trees can make a home 20 degrees cooler, saving an average of $175 a year in air conditioning costs.
7) One young, healthy tree is equivalent to ten room-size air conditioners operating 20 hours a day.
8) Trees are home, shelter and nourishment for animals.
9) Trees improve our quality of life.
10) Four million trees will save $20 million in air pollution
P.S. We received this good news on our Facebook EHWB Group Page from Naomi Bruce with the Origin's Facebook Fan Page:
Origins has some great programs going on for Earth Month, including the Return to Origins Recycling Program. In celebration of the recycling program, Origins will be hosting special events in cities nationwide. Also, when you purchase A Perfect World Antioxidant moisturizer with White Tea the brand will plant a tree. Check out their Fan Page for more information.