Top 10 Green Living New Year's Resolutions for 2012
10. Just Say No to GMO's (Genetically Modified Organisms) in Your Food
9. Save Energy by Unplugging Chargers, Computers and Electronics When Not In Use
8. Vow Not to Toss Another Battery, Electronic, Unused Medication, Paint or Chemical in the Trash
7. Recycle Twice as Much as You Did Last Year but Please Keep BPA Laced Receipts Out of the Bin
6. Decrease Your Exposure to the Harmful Chemical and Hormone Disruptor BPA (Bisphenol A)
5. Get Fit and Stay Fit by Finding an Exercise Program That Works for You
4. Buy Organic and Cruelty Free When You Can and Start Cutting Processed Foods From Your Diet
3. Volunteer in Your Community to Connect and Find Purpose Beyond Your Work
2. Think About How Your Consumer Choices Affect Your Health and The Health of Our Planet
1. Get Informed and Share What You Are Learning About Green Living With Family and Friends as Well as Through Social Media.
Listen, living green is not about making certain choices to be trendy, because someone tells you should or because you were forced into it. Living green is about making positive choices for yourself and your planet, each and every day of the year to live a better, healthier and more conscious lifestyle. Living a green lifestyle should be an easy and natural extension of where you find yourself at this point in your life.
This coming year, as you continue to walk your path to green, the main thing to remember is that knowledge is the key to unlocking a healthier, more sustainable lifestyle. I hope you will join us here in 2012 as you continue learning about living healthier for yourself and for our planet.
"Our future depends on our knowledge and actions. What choices will you make today that will change your health and the health of our world tomorrow?"- ShaneHappy New Year!