|Antigingivitis Rinse All Natural 16.90 Ounces|
If you are looking for safe, natural ways to take care of your mouth, teeth and gums, let me introduce you to one of my newest green friends...The Natural Dentist. The Natural Dentist offers safe, natural oral product solutions for the entire family. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to sample The Natural Dentist's natural mouth rinse and ask their Director of Brand Marketing, Kristine Schreiber, a few questions about their line of oral health care products.
EHWB: Why was the company founded?
The Natural Dentist: The Natural Dentist was created by a dentist who wanted to offer patients mouth rinses and toothpastes that are natural, effective and safe.
EHWB: Why is it important to go natural with your oral care?
The Natural Dentist: Many oral care products contain artificial and harsh ingredients, dyes, preservatives and alcohol, which can be absorbed through the soft tissue in your mouth. The Natural Dentist offers products that use natural ingredients that are both safe and effective and that contribute to the overall health of your body.
EHWB: What products do you offer?
The Natural Dentist: Each of the 7 mouth rinses and 6 toothpastes work to keep your mouth healthy and your teeth clean. The Natural Dentist is happy to offer consumers a choice with the mouth rinses and toothpastes alike, which are all made of up natural formulas with a specific primary focus. Below, please find a list of products and their specific description.
• Antiseptic: Our newest mouth rinse and the only natural mouth rinse that carries the over-the-counter drug label for its antiseptic properties. The mouth rinse is formulated to kill germs and keep mouths clean.
• Healthy Gums (2 flavors): Our #1 mouth rinse available in Peppermint Twist and Orange Zest contains Aloe as its main ingredient which works to sooth and moisturize gums while also reducing plaque build up. The rinse is formulated with a powerful blend of herbal ingredients that help to control and reduce gingivitis, an early form of gum disease.
• Antigingivitis: Daily treatment for the prevention of gingivitis. Maintains positive gum health and helps to reduce plaque.
• Pre-Brush Whitening: Naturally, and gently, removes surface stains to whiten teeth without bleach while helping to prevent and reduce gingivitis.
• Healthy Teeth Anticavity: Fights cavities and strengthens tooth enamel. Awarded ADA Acceptance by the ADA Council on Scientific Affairs.
• Cavity Zapper Fluoride (kids): Works to prevent cavities and strengthen tooth enamel. Awarded ADA Acceptance by the ADA Council on Scientific Affairs.
• Healthy Teeth & Gums Whitening Plus: Helps to whiten teeth and remove stains naturally
• Healthy Teeth & Gums Original (2 flavors): Mint & Orange Zest rinses delivery cavity prevention without burning or staining
• Healthy Teeth & Gums Fluoride-Free: Helps to reduce plaque and prevent gingivitis
• Sparkle Berry Blast & Groovy Grape (kids): Specially formulated gel toothpaste with kid friendly flavors
EHWB: What are your thoughts on Fluoride?
The Natural Dentist: Fluoride is the only cavity-prevention ingredient recognized by both the American Dental Association and the FDA. Fluoride's cavity-fighting properties make it the most common ingredient that dentists recommend when selecting toothpaste. The fluoride that The Natural Dentist uses meets all FDA standards for both safety and effectiveness. The Natural Dentist uses sodium fluoride, derived from a natural mineral called fluorite, a calcium fluoride-rich ore. For customers who prefer products without fluoride, we offer the option of toothpaste and rinse formulations that are completely fluoride-free.
EHWB: Can children use your products?
The Natural Dentist: Yes, we make toothpastes and a mouth rinse specifically formulated for kids that help prevent cavities while also working to strengthen tooth enamel. In addition, the kid's products are fun and taste good, which make children want to use them. Both the Berry Blast and Groovy Grape toothpastes contain Mica, a safe and naturally occurring mineral which makes the paste sparkle. The fun toothpaste colors are also derived from natural ingredients, such as red cabbage, purple carrot, beet, and tomato.
EHWB: Share 3 reasons why people should use the Natural Dentist products as opposed to the other oral hygiene products available.
The Natural Dentist: Consumers are growing more concerned about the effects mainstream products have on the environment and their bodies. We care so much about what we eat, put on our skin, use to clean out homes, etc., but it is also important to be aware of what we put in our mouths. The Natural Dentist products do not contain artificial and harsh ingredients, dyes, preservatives and alcohol while still being as effective and safe as their mainstream competitors.
The brand is also always on the look out for ways in which they can improve their products, such as the recent addition of six times more aloe added to the Healthy Gums Antigingivitis Rinse, which made aloe the active ingredient in the product, helping to soothe gums, reduce plaque and protect against gingivitis. Additionally, The Natural Dentist recently added chlorophyll to the Healthy Gums, Peppermint Twist as a way to increase breath freshness.
Lastly, The Natural Dentist is dedicated to the environment. In addition to making mouth rinse bottles and toothpaste tubes that are recyclable, the brand does not package its toothpaste in cardboard boxes. While eliminating a box may seem small, consider that one billion tubes of toothpaste in boxes are sold each year, contributing more than 28 million pounds of packaging to the waste stream. The environmental effect is more than the trees that are saved by eliminating the cardboard box -- it's also the energy to manufacture, print and transport the excess packaging.
EHWB: Are your products more expensive than traditional products?
The Natural Dentist: Traditionally, natural products are slightly more expensive than mainstream products. However, The Natural Dentist recently dropped retail prices up to 30% for all mouth rinses in an effort to make natural oral care more accessible.
EHWB: Where are your products sold?
The Natural Dentist: The Natural Dentist products are available at grocery stores nationwide including Whole Foods. They are also available for purchase online at Drugstore.com.
I really fell in love with their Natural Antiseptic Mouth Rinse and so did my 10 year old. She says it makes her, "mouth feel minty fresh and it kind of tastes like candy." I can't remember when she actually wanted to use something that is good for her mouth and gums. She likes it so much that I let her take it to put it in her bathroom!
Not only does the flavor of this natural mouth rinse pass the test of a finicky pre-teen, it also is cruelty free product and is packaged in recycled packaging. This natural product gets a thumbs up! For a $1 off coupon visit the Natural Dentist Website.
Click HERE to join our green living, online community!