First, let's talk about the organic wine pairing for our healthy green living h'orderves suggested by The Organic Wine Company:
Next, here is the recipe that is good for about 4 people:
You will need:
8 large asparagus spears
1/2 package (16 ounce) frozen phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
1/4 cup butter, melted or Garlic Gold Organic Olive Oil1/4 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus.
- Unwrap the phyllo and cut the stack in half lengthwise. Put away one stack for later use.
- Take 1 sheet of phyllo and brush lightly with butter. For an even tastier and healthier variation my family enjoys immensely, use Garlic Gold Organic Olive Oil instead of butter. Sprinkle with some Parmesan.
- Place 2 to 3 asparagus spears on the short end of the phyllo sheet and roll it up as you would a pic in a blanket.
- Place each piece, seam side down, on a baking sheet. Brush with more melted butter and sprinkle with more Parmesan. Repeat until you use all of the asparagus spears.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
Finally, here are three more steps to turn your cocktail party green:
- Use cloth cocktail napkins - There are actually many options out there but I love these from Something Different Linen because they are white, go with everything and are easy to clean with a little non-chlorine bleach.
- Use recycled wine glasses -Again you can find many options online but I have yet to see any recycled wine glasses at a brick and mortar shop. I adore these colorful VIVAZ Bolitas wine goblets made from Cobalt Recycled Glass
- Use a recycled glass wine bottle stopper
P.S.- I am really glad that you stopped by our Environmental Booty Blog and I hope you have learned or shared a thing or two. I hope that , now that you've found us, you won't lose us! You can "Like" us on our new Facebook fanpage, join our green living online community, subscribe to our posts, download our community toolbar or Tweet with me on Twitter to stay in touch! - Shane*