I have spoken to so many people this week who are optimistic about the direction our country is moving toward safer chemicals that I wanted to share that positive energy with you. It was incredible to be surrounded by so many positive people and it made me remember an inspiring article a friend posted on Facebook a while back called 50 Ways to Build Your Optimism. Reading these 50 tips will help you to realize that no matter what you want out of life, from safer chemicals to a new job, optimism can help you get it.
Regardless of the trials and tribulations you have to go though in your life's journey, optimism will help you get what you want out of life and help you keep a smile on your face and peace in your heart.
Here are the first 10 tips in no particular order. Enjoy!
- Be realistic about your expectations.
- Accept the past, manage the present and work hard towards the future.
- Seek for a ray of light/hope in a negative situation. It’s a bit difficult considering all you are going through, but there’s always an opportunity lurking somewhere in the dark.
- Utilize what you have for now and aspire to grow in every area of your life, remembering you can only swallow food in bits and pieces before taking another big bite.
- Be authentic, be yourself and stop hiding behind the MASK of pretense.
- Get infected by being in a network or company of constructive people, because optimism is positively contagious.
- Have a dream, believe in it and do everything possible under the sun to run with it.
- Accept you are human with imperfections.
- Express love towards other people.
- Be selective of what you read, hear or watch from the media. Excessive media influence could dampen your spirits.
P.S.- Have you heard about The Green PolkaDot Box! Recently launched with over 12,000 members and backed by the Organic Consumer's Association, you can easily buy NonGMO organics at wholesale pricing online. It's like a Sam's club but focused on products for green, healthy living!! You can even shop by dietary restrictions like gluten free, vegan or diabetic.
Source: 50 Ways To Build Your Optimism