Some Say Resolutions Are A Waste of Time, I Say Protecting The Planet and Our Health Is Worth It!
Resolve with me in 2013 to...
10. Ditch the Single Use Plastic Bags and Go Reusable!
9. Save Energy by Unplugging Chargers, Computers and Electronics When Not In Use and Think Hybrid if You Are Buying a New Car in 2013
8. Volunteer in Your Community to Connect and Find Purpose Beyond Your Work
7. Recycle Twice as Much as You Did Last Year but Please Keep BPA Laced Receipts Out of the Bin As They End Up In Recycled Products
6. Decrease Your Exposure to BPA (Bisphenol A), a Harmful Chemical and Hormone Disruptor Found in Many Consumer Goods and Support Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families (SCHF)
5. Get Fit and Stay Fit by Finding an Exercise Program That Works for You
4. Buy Organic and Cruelty Free When You Can and Decrease Processed Foods From Your Diet
3. Just Say No to GMO's (Genetically Modified Organisms) in Your Food
2. Think About How Your Consumer Choices Affect Your Health and The Health of Our Planet
1. Get Informed About Living Green and Share What You Are Learning Offline with Family and Friends and Online Through Social Media
Our Future Is What We Make It, Make It Green
I believe that living green is not about making certain choices to be trendy, because someone tells you should or because you were forced into it. Living green is about making positive choices for yourself and your planet, each and every day of the year to live a better, healthier and more conscious lifestyle. Living a green lifestyle should be an easy and natural extension of where you find yourself at this point in your life.
This coming year, as you continue to walk your path to green, remember that knowledge and action are the keys to unlocking a healthier, more sustainable lifestyle. I hope you will join us here in 2013 as you continue learning about living healthier for yourself and for our planet.
"Our future depends on our knowledge and actions. What choices will you make today that will change your health and the health of our world tomorrow?"- Shane
Happy New Year!
Connect with Shane on Google+
The Green PolkaDot Box! Backed by the Organic Consumer's Association and EnvironmentalBooty.com, you can easily buy NonGMO organic groceries, including Harvest Fresh Organic produce, at wholesale pricing online. It's like a Sam's club but focused on products for green, healthy living! You can even shop by dietary restrictions like gluten free, vegan or diabetic and it all comes right to your front door. Enjoy!