Think You Have to Wait for the Energy Efficient Lifestyle of the Future? Ford Motors and Their Electric Energy Partners are Bringing it To You Today!
Last night at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, +Ford Motor Company wowed attendees by announcing a partnership with Eaton, SunPower, and Whirlpool, along with the Georgia Institute of Technology and Nest Labs, to show that the energy-efficient lifestyle is not just a dream of tomorrow, but an actual and affordable reality for families and consumers right now.
This strategic collaboration, dubbed MyEnergi Lifestyle®, demonstrates how a typical American family can significantly reduce their electricity bills and CO2 footprint, by integrating home appliance technology with a plug-in vehicle to achieve an energy-efficient lifestyle of tomorrow...today.
The Future of Energy Efficiency is Now and Can Save You 60%?
The Ford-led MyEnergi Lifestyle® collaboration is made up of leaders in the home appliance, renewable energy and power management industries and showcases how combining renewable energy generation with “time-flexible” loads (more on that in a later post), optimizes energy consumption and savings across a plug-in vehicle and home appliances.
“More than ever, cars are sharing the same energy source as the home,” says Mike Tinskey, global director of Vehicle Electrification and Infrastructure, Ford Motor Company. “The time is right for the home appliance and transportation sectors to converge if we are going to tackle a myriad of sustainability challenges in a rapidly changing world.”
Ford and their green business partners worked with researchers from Georgia Institute of Technology to create a computer model that calculates the electricity usage of a typical single family in their home for one year and the associated savings with moving to an energy-efficient lifestyle. The cumulative results predict a 60 percent reduction in energy costs and more than 9,000 kg of CO2 (55 percent reduction) saved from a single home. In fact, if every home in the U.S. were to implement these energy-saving technologies, it would be the equivalent of taking the 32 million homes in California, New York and Texas, totally off the power grid.
Key Factors To Saving in a MyEnergi Lifestyle
Key factors driving MyEnergi Lifestyle include:
- Electric vehicles, like the all-new Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid, are more efficient and can charge during the low-cost electricity hours
- Appliance efficiency has improved dramatically over the past decade
- Hot water heaters are more efficient and use nighttime electricity
- Connected appliances can use less energy during peak periods
- The Nest Learning Thermostat programs itself and automatically saves energy when a homeowner is away
- Efficient, reliable and affordable rooftop solar systems enable families to generate renewable energy and save money on utility bills
- Connected devices enable smarter use of energy
To create a real-world example of how attainable, affordable and convenient a sustainable lifestyle can be, MyEnergi Lifestyle crew also announced plans to award a typical American family, just like yours, with the delivery and installation of energy-saving products from each company, along with other leading energy-efficient products.
How totally awesome is that? What do you think will be in the prize pack? How could this not be the best prize pack ever? Stay tuned here because I will have all the contest and promotion details for you soon but until then, keep reading to get the inside track on the MyEnergi Lifestyle!
The Inside Track - Insider Information on Winning with a MyEnergi Lifestyle
- “SunPower is offering Ford plug-in vehicle owners the world’s most efficient solar power systems to ensure they maximize emission-free power generation for use at home and for their vehicles,” says Ken Fong, SunPower general manager, Americas. “SunPower systems offer the industry’s best warranty, so homeowners can count on 25 years or more of clean power to support their sustainability goals and generate significant annual savings on their electricity bills.”
- The average American home uses more than 11,000 kWh of electricity a year, says Warwick Stirling, global director for Energy and Sustainability, Whirlpool Corporation. “But with recent technology advancements in our appliances, a family can use energy smarter and more efficiently,” he adds.
- “As innovation in home electrical technology advances, so does the need for safe, reliable and efficient power distribution,” says Joanne Edwards, vice president and general manager, Residential Division, Eaton. “At the same time, giving homeowners the tools to tap into the details of distributed power for their homes allows them to modify their behavior and further reduce energy consumption.”
- Driving change: Technology trends - A plug-in vehicle is the largest electrified product most people will ever buy, and it serves as a catalyst for adoption of products that reduce CO2 and save money. Recent advancements in several technologies make this an ideal time to demonstrate the benefits that can be achieved by optimizing a home energy footprint.
Connect with Shane on Google+
The Green PolkaDot Box! Backed by the Organic Consumer's Association and EnvironmentalBooty.com, you can easily buy NonGMO organic groceries, including Harvest Fresh Organic produce, at wholesale pricing online. It's like a Sam's club but focused on products for green, healthy living! You can even shop by dietary restrictions like gluten free, vegan or diabetic and it all comes right to your front door. Enjoy!