|Mom Sarah with son Trig|
So you know I went to the BlogWorld Expo last month but I forgot to tell you about the meeting I had with the folks from TLC. I tagged along with my friend Bailey from Makeover Momma and chatted with Mark Burnett's Production folks ( they also produce Survivor) about the new TLC show called Sarah Palin's Alaska. TLC and Burnett's people were at BlogWorld to meet with bloggers and get them excited to spread the word about the new show. Hey I was pretty excited I crashed the meeting and was even more excited when they gave me a T-shirt that says, I Can See Sarah Palin's Alaska from My Living Room.
|I can also see Todd Palin from my living room and he is pretty easy on the eyes|
Look, regardless of my views on politics (registered Democrat but haven't voted for one in the last 3 elections) or your views on politics, you are going to get sucked into watching Sarah Palin's Alaska because it is just that good. Even my husband wanted to watch this show. In fact, my entire family wanted to watch this show. Which brings me to filling you in on what you missed if you didn't see Sunday's premiere episode.
|L to R: Track, Piper, Willow, Bristol, Sarah, Trig, Trip and Todd Palin.|
- You missed a family show for all ages - we have a 5, 10, 13, 42 and 52 year old in my family and we all wanted to watch it and we all enjoyed it.
- You missed the reason we should all live green - the scenery of Alaska made a great backdrop and impetus for a discussion on why we want to take care of our planet.
- You missed a teenage boy trying to put one past a former Vice Presidential Candidate - as you might expect, he failed but the effort had my hubby and I laughing hysterically.
- You missed hearing what Piper calls her mom - Sarah's response was calm, cool and collected.
- You missed seeing wildlife at it's finest sans the Disney terror - Unlike nature shows, Sarah Palin's Alaska gave my family a look at animals in the wild without the "kill" factor provided by your average nature show.
|Sarah Palin near the Evergreen Timber logging camps on a beach on the island of Kodiak, Alaska.|
By the way, if you want to catch up on what you missed on the premiere show, here are the replay times (for Central Time Zone):
- Nov. 15 at 9 PM
- Nov 16 at 12 Midnight
- Nov. 17 at 6 PM
- Nov. 18 at 1 AM
- Nov. 21 at 6PM and 8PM
Photo Credits: TLC/Gilles Mingasson