|Shower timers are an easy way to police your shower hog but check out more tips to conserve water below|
It's time to tame your shower hog!I don't know about you, but in our house, we have a shower hog. She regularly takes half hour showers which I am sure go a little bit like this...
Funny? Heck yeah. Eco-friendly? Not so muchDid you know that a full bathtub requires about 70 gallons of water but taking a short five-minute shower saves water by using 10 to 25 gallons. Put a cute timer or clock near your shower so that your shower hogs can conserve water by the simple reminder to take shorter showers. There are tons to choose from to help kids get in the conservation game but a any timer will work to help get the message across.
|I am getting the cloud for my shower hog!|
Save even more water, and money on your water bill, with these 5 great water conservation tips
- Install a water-efficient showerhead, or ask your landlord to install one if you rent.
- Fix those Leaks! American homeowners can waste more than 10,000 gallons of water every year because of drippy faucets, running toilets, and other common household leaks.
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Forget the garbage disposal and put your food waste in the compost bin instead. Check out these 5 Simple Steps to Compost Mania to get started.
- Put a pitcher of water in the fridge instead of running the tap until the water is cold.
P.S.- Have you heard about The Green PolkaDot Box! Recently launched with over 12,000 members and backed by the Organic Consumer's Association, you can easily buy NonGMO organics at wholesale pricing online. It's like a Sam's club but focused on products for green, healthy living!! You can even shop by dietary restrictions like gluten free, vegan or diabetic.