So if I thought last week was bad, I am still up and it is almost 4am if that tells you about how this week went for my Go Green Get Fit Challenge. I am all tied up in knots and I am not really sure why. I think I want to toss out my goals for the Go green Get Fit Challenge and rewrite them this week.
You see although I have already done 5 workouts this week, I am NOT TAKING CARE OF MYSELF, and I was a royal pain in the rear to my family all week too. I think I must need therapy or something because I would rather work all day than do anything else. Well, that is not entirely true, I would rather work all day while eating Talenti's peanut butter sorbetto then do a workout to get rid of the calories I gained from the Talenti's. I love that word, sorbetto.
I think I am not good enough so I work to prove to everyone and myself that I am perfect...which of course I am not. To me there is always more I can do.
Seriously, my goals sucked anyway. I cannot figure out how to green my workouts because I do not want to workout outside because it is 100 degrees and I cannot run. Which leads me to the other failure in not meeting my goals. My knee is shot and there aint no fixing it. Yes I just said aint. Is that even how you spell it? LOl. And, upping my wieghts was a bad idea as I have re-injured my shoulder after almost a year of working to get it back in shape again.
Look, I am revising my goals and this coming week I am going to do all I can to meet them. If I don't I will not be able to sustain myself. I just cannot go on at this pace even if I feel comfortable, at my age I know I cannot do it anymore.
So my new goals for the Go Green Get Fit Challenge are:
- Get at least 6 hours of sleep each night.
- Forget doing more and refocus on what is important and set work aside at a reasonable hour to spend more time with my kids.
- Do not, under any circumstance, even when PMSing, buy Talenti's sorbetto as I will eat it all in one sitting. ;)
- Forget running, that ship has sailed and that time is gone for me. It's okay.
- Stick with my hand weights where they are for shoulder work and be careful about using heavier weights for all other exercises.
- Pat myself on the back for consistently working out since I was 14 yeas old. I may not be perfect, but I get my 4-6 workouts in each and every week, almost, and that is something to be proud of.
P.S.- People always ask me where I get my food and personal care products and I love to tell them about The Green PolkaDot Box! Backed by the Organic Consumer's Association and EnvironmentalBooty.com, you can easily buy NonGMO organic groceries, including Harvest Fresh Organic produce, at wholesale pricing online. It's like a Sam's club but focused on products for green, healthy living! You can even shop by dietary restrictions like gluten free, vegan or diabetic and it all comes right to your front door.